It is a pity to sit at home or rest in an armchair, there will always be time for that. It is better to go outside and open up to the captivating view of Babia Góra, which is beautiful at any time of the year, bicycle routes that will pamper cyclists, walking routes with a medal, ski slopes for winter madmen, open-air museums, wooden churches and the surrounding villages and towns worth exploring .
Zawoja can boast of several ski slopes, including one really cool, quite steep and for rather advanced players - Mosorny Groń. This mighty mountain offers fantastic views of Babia Góra, and with good visibility also of the Tatra Mountains. For beginners and intermediate skiers, there is the Wojtek and Baca slope, where you can hire an instructor and learn to ride without too much stress.
After skiing, tobogganing, a walk uphill or cycling, you will find a jacuzzi in the gazebo and a sauna in a larger house.
When the snow melts and crocuses and snowdrops appear on the surface, it is worth going to the top of Babia Góra with a lonely island of alpine halls.
If, like us, you love sport in any form, we have a real treat for you. "Babia GóraTrails" is a network of over 20 kilometers of mountain bike routes, the so-called singletrack. On the Polish side, there are kilometers of uphill and downhill routes around Mosorny Groń, with varying degrees of difficulty. Take kids, pads and helmets, and you can rent bikes from us.
Where is it worth being, what is worth seeing:
- Multimedia Mountain Center Korona Ziemi - an interesting museum of mountains and himalaism.
- Babiogórska Jesień Festival, held in September in Zawoja, is a celebration of the tradition and heritage of the Babia Góra Highlanders. During the celebration, you will be able to "touch" and "taste" the Babia Góra culture and learn about the highlander customs of other parts of the Carpathians.
- Open-air museum PTTK Zawoja Markowe - presents the traditional architecture of Babiogórców.
- Museum - Orawa Ethnographic Park in Zubrzyca Górna - an open-air museum opened in 1955 presenting the history, architecture and culture of the Upper Orava region. Among others, Janosik and with Fire and Sword.
- Skansen Bystra - Sidzina, where the exhibition "Easter palms" takes place in spring.
- Museum - Nadwiślański Ethnographic Park in Wygiełzów and Lipowiec Castle, whose history dates back to the Middle Ages.
- The Wooden Architecture Trail in Małopolska, i.e. 255 most valuable and interesting historic wooden buildings.
- Stajnia pod Babią Góra "Dyzma" - for fans of holidays in the saddle.
- Lanckorona, where you can easily go back and imagine what Poland used to be like.
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - Kalwaria Zebrzydowska is located just an hour by bike from the settlement, a place with a charming landscape and special for Lesser Poland, where John Paul II made a pilgrimage many times. While in Kalwaria, try delicious scoop ice cream.
- Just an hour by car from Zawoja, you can move into the Tatra landscape and go to Rusinowa Polana.
Translated by Google Translate.