It is a pity to sit at home or rest in a chair, there will always be time for that. It is better to go outside and open up to the captivating view of Babia Góra, which is beautiful at any time of the year, cycling routes that will spoil cyclists, walking trails for medal, ski slopes for winter madmen, open-air museums, wooden churches and surrounding villages and towns worth exploring .
Zawoja can boast of several ski slopes, including one really bouncy, quite steep and for rather advanced riders - Mosorny Gron. From this mighty mountain stretches fantastic views of Babia Góra, and with good visibility also to the Tatras. For beginners and intermediate skiers there is a slope of Wojtek and Baca, where you can hire an instructor and learn to ride without excessive stress.
After skiing, sledding, going uphill or downhill on a bicycle, there is a jacuzzi in the gazebo and a sauna in the larger house waiting for you.
When the snow melts, and crocuses and snowdrops appear on the surface, it is worth going to the top of Babia Góra with a lonely island of Alpine halls.
If, just like us, you love sports in any form, we have a real treat for you. "Babia GóraTrails" is a network of over 20 kilometers of mountain bike routes called singletracków. On the Polish side, there are kilometers of uphill and downhill routes around Mosorny Groń, with varying degrees of difficulty. Take kids, protectors and helmets, and rent bikes with us.
Where to stay, what to see:
- Multimedia Center of the Mountain Crown of the Earth - arcy an interesting museum of mountains and himalaizmu.
- The Babiogórska Jesień festival held in September in Zawoja is a celebration of the tradition and heritage of Babia Góra Highlanders. During the celebration, you will be able to "touch" and "taste" Babia Góra culture and get to know the highlander customs of other parts of the Carpathians.
- PTTK Open-air Museum Zawoja Markowe - presents traditional Babiogórce construction.
- Museum - Orava Ethnographic Park in Zubrzyca Górna - open-air museum opened in 1955 presenting the history, architecture and culture of the Upper Orava region. It was filmed here, among others Janosik, and Fire and Sword.
- Open-air Museum Bystra - Sidzina, where the exhibition "Easter Palm" takes place in the spring.
- Museum - Nadwiślański Ethnographic Park in Wygiełzów and Lipowiec Castle, whose history dates back to the Middle Ages.
- Wooden Architecture Route in Małopolska, that is 255 of the most valuable and most interesting historic wooden objects.
- Stable near Babia Góra "Dyzma" - for fans of holidays in the saddle.
- Lanckorona, where you can easily move back and imagine what Poland used to be.
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - just an hour by bicycle from the village of Osada is Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a charming landscape and a special place for Lesser Poland, where John Paul II repeatedly made pilgrimages here. While in Calvary, try the delicious ice cream on the knobs.
- Just an hour drive from Zawoja