Translated by Google Translate.
Warmia does not always mean being close to lakes, but we were lucky. Our Hytte is situated on Lake Bogdański itself. It is rich in fish, but poor in places for sunbathing. There is no bathing place here, it is quite wild, there are practically two descents to the lake on the shore, but this is what makes it really quiet and there are no crowds. The rod can be cast on rudd, breams, roaches, pikes and lines. Apparently, someone, somewhere, once caught a crucian carp, but these are rather rural legends.
So you can swim, you can fish and it is very pleasant to walk around. The lake is surrounded by the Bogdany ecological site - a refuge for many rare bird species. This charming and undiscovered place has its own historical secrets, and in addition, during trips and walks, you can meet or hear many animal inhabitants of the surrounding forests or backwaters. On the other side of the lake, there is the only vineyard in this part of the country that produces local wine. You can try their red or white Herkus Monte grape wine.
There are bicycle and canoe routes through the village:
- 24 km bicycle route - route: Nikielkowo - Kaplityny - Bogdany - Klebark Wielki
- 27 km green bicycle trail - the route: Barczewo - Mokiny - Bogdany - Kaplityny - Łęgajny - Barczewko - Barczewo
- canoe trail: Bogdańskie Lake - Kiermas River - Umląg Lake - Kiermas River - Kiermas Lake - Kiermas River - The Pisa Warmińska River - The Wadąg Lake - The Wadąg River
It is also possible:
- go on a hiking or biking trip along the surrounding paths, visit local villages and towns with their small monuments / interesting places,
- play on the terrace or in the beach basket,
- depending on the season: pick mushrooms, blueberries and wild strawberries in the forest, but also look for lost / dropped deer antlers (quite numerous in the area),
- spend time by the fire,
- play board games or read books,
- you can do nothing (which in Bogdany is not a sin).
- find your favorite lake, and a lot of those in the area: Umląg, Kiermas, Klebarskie, Wadąg,
- visit Olsztyn, see the High Gate, discover the Forest Arboretum of Warmia and Masuria or spend time actively by the water in the modern Ukiel recreation center (15 minutes by car to the city),
- see the intersection of two aqueducts in Silice with your own eyes - a unique, on a European scale, collision-free water intersection: Victoria (lower) and Elżbieta (upper). They were named after the daughters of William II, the last German emperor and king of Prussia. Silice is situated 11 kilometers east of Olsztyn, in the county of Olsztyn, in the Purda commune. In the nineteenth century, two canals were built there that performed meliorative functions. The Elżbieta Canal was to prevent, among other things, the flooding of Barczewo by the Kośna River. The Victoria Canal is part of the canoe trail: Linowskie Lake - Klebarskie Lake - Pisa River - Wadąg Lakes. The intersection of the canals is located west of the village, at the road bend from Klebark Wielki. In Klebark it is worth stopping and seeing the beautiful church standing there.