Translated by Google Translate.
We invite you to rest in the rhythm of words and completely offline. We cannot help you here with WiFi, we also do not have a TV. It is worth taking your favorite books, albums, a loudspeaker with chill music and taking a break from the rush. To catch a deep breath, we recommend a walk in the romantic-sentimental park in Arkadia and in the park at the Palace and the Horse Stud in Walewice. Sportsmen hop on a bike and discover the charms of the Łowicz region on one of the three routes (green - 123 km, red "Sabers and Bagnets" - 119 km and the blue "Prince's Trail" modestly 14 km long). It is also worth visiting Boczek, Kiernozi, Borów and Nieborów. We will send you to kayaks to Bzura or Rawka - even beginner canoeists can handle both rivers.
We will send you on trips to nearby towns. In Łowicz it is worth visiting the Museum and seeing the permanent exhibition "Ethnography of the Principality of Łowicz", the Button Museum (it is located in one chest, but still worth it;)) and go to Sromowo, where the family Folk Museum is located. In Skierniewice, for example, you can visit the Narrow-Gauge Railway Museum, take a photo in one of the locomotives or with Wokulski sitting on a bench at platform I. Also visit Lipiec Reymontowskie, where Reymont has located "Chłopów", and where there is a Gallery of Antiques and Regional Souvenirs . It is worth seeing the beautiful Radziwiłł Palace in Nieborów and the Sobański Palace in Guzów. A place that should not be missed is the Chopin Museum in Żelazowa Wola, which is located in a beautiful park. There you can take a walk, sit on a bench and eat ice cream, and most beautifully, listen to a live piano concert that takes place every Sunday in the summer season.
If you want to take part in local attractions, we have a list of our favorite events here:
- September "Księżackie Jadło - Good Food Fair" in Łowicz,
- "Majówka in the Open-Air Museum in Maurzyce" in the Łowicz Ethnographic Park in Maurzyce, 10 km away,
- May Night of Museums at the Museum in Łowicz,
- "Sobótki" in the open-air museum in Maurzyce in the second half of June. (Sobótki is one of the oldest Slavic holidays. They are associated with the solstice of the Sun during the shortest night of the year. In Łowicz they traditionally started the cycle of summer customs. In folk beliefs, the proximity of the Sun increased the power of the Earth on that day, which in turn penetrated the plants. The healing effect of the herbs collected at that time. In the villages near the rivers, "sobótki", also known as the festival of wreaths, took place. The boys lit fires symbolizing cleansing, which was accompanied by singing and dancing games.),
- July folk art workshops and culinary workshops in the Open-Air Museum in Maurzyce,
- Feast of Our Lady of Herbs - August 15 in the Open-Air Museum in Maurzyce,
- Corpus Christi in Złaków Kościelny - it is a spiritual, beautiful and colorful celebration in the All Saints Parish Church (Holy Mass and a procession passing through the village). Local residents taking part in the procession are dressed in traditional Łowicz costumes, and the air is filled with a beautiful and unique scent of calamus, which is laid earlier on the route of the passage. After the celebration, children will find stalls with bagels, ice cream and gifts.
- the June Village Pograjka in our Mini Open-Air Museum, i.e. an intimate event gathering exceptional people. There are performances of folk music bands, a dance party, recently even a mini exhibition of old cars and agricultural machines. You can try regional liqueurs, snacks and dairy products from the Łowicz dairy.