Translated by Google Translate.
The Lublin region is a region worth getting to know better, because it has a lot to offer. Natural, historical, cultural and, above all, unhurriedly. Our greatest advantage is therefore the location. The cottage is located a few kilometers from Chełm, on the Uherka River, surrounded by ponds and meadows. You can reach the guarded beach with a water park on the Żółtańce Reservoir in just a 10-minute walk through the meadows or by bike along the bicycle path by the river. Not just any path, because it is the green velo route (the longest bicycle route in this part of Europe), which runs directly over our bridge. You can also stay still and lie on a deckchair by our ponds or cast a fishing rod. In Pstrągów we have a carp fishery in the no kill system. If you do not intend to fish, you can simply feed our carps, which are practically eaten by hand.
It's right under your nose, but a bit further away is just as interesting. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Chełm Chalk Underground - the labyrinth stretching near Chełm's Old Town is a remnant of the mining of rich chalk deposits. Visiting the 2 km tourist route is also unique because of the opportunity to meet the spirit of Bieluch - who is the guardian and symbol of our underground. Note - dress warmly, because it is cold in the basement, the constant temperature is around 9 degrees Celsius.
- Poleski National Park - be sure to go to the Polish National Park, where you can meet 200 species of birds, 48 species of mammals and 20 species of reptiles and amphibians. Including cranes, which are the symbol of the Park, great crested grebes, aquatic warblers, greylag goose, gray herons and cormorants, and a specimen rare in Poland, i.e. the pond turtle. In the Park, we recommend going to:
- The Czahara nature trail, the only one of its kind in the Bubnów Marsh area. You will walk on specially built wooden footbridges rising above the area of the low peat bog. You can also climb the viewing platforms, spot a very rare Aquatic Warbler or flocks of cranes gathering in the swamps before departure.
- Spława nature trail leading through a horsetail forest via footbridges. A wooden road will lead you to Lake Łukie. You can even rest on the pier on the lake. Then the road runs the so-called a dyke of the courtyard through a marshy alder forest, particularly picturesque in early spring. The route starts in Załucze Stary near the Poleski National Park Museum, which is also worth visiting.
- The European pond turtle protection center in Urszulin - this is a unique place where, in addition to caring for the place of turtles' residence, research and observation of breeding grounds and egg-laying turtles are carried out. The laid eggs, from which the turtles will not hatch before winter, are transferred to the Pond Turtle Conservation Center. Therefore, it is best to visit the center from the end of September to May, when the largest number of turtles is there. Usually, a few turtle families also stay on vacation, so that tourists can see the turtles for which Poleski National Park is famous.
We also have pond turtles that bask in our pier on sunny days.