Translated by Google Translate.
Here it is: no internet, poor coverage, around fields, meadows and lakes. For some it may be the definition of boredom, for us it is the best in the world. And we will never get tired of these views and walks around the area.
- there is a library and board games,
– make a bonfire (with waffles! More information in the food section),
– we have 2 kayaks and we will take you with them to the river,
– there are deckchairs – we suggest spreading out in front of the windmill, reading and looking at the clouds.
There is a forest a stone's throw away, and we have 3 lakes around, which you can reach on foot.
There are rural beaches on the lakes Warpuńskie (2 km) and Żyndackie (1.5 km) where you can lie down. On the other hand, at Lake Gielądzkie, where you can get through the forest, there is no beach at the nearest shore, but there is a pier where you can also settle down and relax.
A little further:
– You have probably heard about the picturesque Krutynia and rafting that takes place on this river. But did you know that the Krutyn trail starts right next to us? A thin trickle flowing from Lake Warpuńskie through Żyndackie is the beginning of this river. In the season, the canoe traffic on Krutynia is like on Marszałkowska in Warsaw, but here in the nearby sections it is calmer. We have 2 single-person kayaks and we can drop you off in a place where you can swim intimately
– We are lovers of the charming Reszel, a town 20 km from here. It is calm, picturesque, and on September 1 it completely freezes, which has its charm for those who like to visit after the season. There is a Gothic castle in Reszel, from which there is a wonderful view of historic buildings and the Warmian landscape. The castle also has a gallery and a restaurant with a beautiful courtyard.
There is plenty to discover in Masuria and nearby Warmia. It is beautiful here at any time of the year, and this region will charm both those who want to rest in peace and those who love sightseeing, history and architecture. Those who rest best in movement will also be delighted. Here's what else you can do:
– ride bicycles, using picturesque routes: The Bicycle Loop around the Great Masurian Lakes trail is 300 km long – you can, for example, start in Mrągowo 15 km from here,
– go skiing on the Four Winds Mountain,
– go to the nature reserve on Lake Łukajno and watch wild birds,
– Krutyń (on Krutynia) visit the Natural History Museum, and near the village also the Zakręt Reserve – you will see floating islands there with your own eyes, and maybe even meet an insectivorous sundew,
– take a ride to the Kadzidłowo Wild Animal Park (we recommend it especially to families with kids – there are crowds of families here in the summer, so it is best to go to Kadzidłowo in the off-season – be sure to also visit the iconic Oberża pod Psem for dumplings with plums or dumplings with groats and cottage cheese.
– go on a trip along the Teutonic castles trail: apart from Reszel, there are castles in Nidzica, Kętrzyn, Ryn, Olsztyn, Lidzbark Warmiński and Szczytno waiting for you.