With Gustaw Holoubek, we washed cars in the same car wash. He told me then in anticipation of a clean car and my better mood, that there is such a link in Bukowina Tatrzańska that heals the soul. The time has come that it was urgent to find her. I found and decided to stay. It was supposed to be a small house, a highlander's hut, but the old highlander looked at the link, looked at the mountains and said that in large mountains must stand a large house.
I invite you to a large house in Bukovina, for a happy relationship. The view is on top of three peaks: Hawrań, Muranka and Płaczliwa Skała. House and guests are guarded by gargoyles. Dragons, created by the hand of a local master. There is a desire in this house for getting out of bed only for the sunrise. There is time for long breakfasts overlooking the peaks. It is possible to have evenings by the fireplace. And there is a chance for interesting conversations. Come.
I was born in a forester's lodge in the Suwałki region, and a story about a good place near the High Tatras brought me to Bukowina Tatrzańska. I built a house different from everyone here. You will know him by dragons, view and maybe you will find in one of my books. I invite you.
The house is wooden, built by local highlanders, outside decorated with unusual gargoyles in the shape of dragons, decorated with the history of our lives from the inside. There was a flat in Mokotów, full of antiques and objects with a soul, a pleasant phase of whitewashed from Provence, fascination... with modernity and color. Now it's all under the Dragons and tells stories and stories.
For guests, we have allocated the first two floors. Each apartment has space for four people.
1. Apartment Kominkowy (76 m2 / 4 people)
This is the most atmospheric apartment in the whole house. There is a lot of natural brick here, antique furniture and paintings from Józef Graczyński, one of the most creative landscape painters of the 1930s. He serves to find his own artistic way and improves his creativity. Winter evenings make your own fireplace more enjoyable, and you can see an amazing panorama through the huge, floor-to-ceiling windows.
- 2 bedrooms (one with 2 single beds, the other with a double bed)
- bathroom with shower
2. Family Suite (76 m2 / 4 people)
A family suite with a view of the mountains and the exit to the garden part, intended for a playground for children.
- a spacious living room with a wide bed
- kitchenette with fridge
- a closed alcove with two separate beds
- bathroom with a bathtub
3. Apartments with mountain views (70 m2 / 4 people)
They are all identical and there are:
- 2 bedrooms (one double bed in one, two single beds in the other)
- kitchenette with fridge
- bathroom with a bathtub
Shared time Guests spend their time sipping wine or coffee on the terraces or in the garden.more
What will I eat?
We have a few solid addresses for this, which we will send you upon arrival. It is said that here in Podhale you should try three things: oscypek with cranberry sauce, muffins and kwaśnica rolls. Do not forget about it, and we'll tell you where to go for the best flavors.
What will I do?
Bukowina Tatrzańska is one of the youngest villages in Podhale. She always developed reluctantly, as if she did not want to. Probably that's why it has such charm. The personal top 10 things to do in the Pod Smokami House and the neighborhood are:
1. Breathe. We are on Wysokie Wierchu, the highest hill... in Bukovina, no dust is reaching here.
2. See The view of the Tatras deserves at least a few breakfast updates on the Instagram profile
3. Read a book by the fireplace. For sure there is one that awaits your moment. Maybe this is her moment.
3. Come to Sabałowe Bajania in August. This is one of the most interesting folk festivals in Poland.
4. Visit the People's House - one of the largest and most famous wooden buildings in Poland. There are workshops for children and adults (pottery, glass painting, ceramics).
5. Jump to ski. Na Niedźwiadek is 400 meters away.
6. Take a swim. In the Bukowina Baths there are 12 swimming pools, and in Gorący Potok in Szaflary, swimming pools with natural sulfur water.
7. Do something unexpected - take a look at the Beer Spa in Krupówki. You can take a bath there in beer, and then put it on a straw bed.
8. Eat something good. For culinary flavors and not only we recommend the Taste of Magda Gessler.
9. Visit one of the caves in the Chochołowska Valley. A bit of climbing and squeezing through the cracks makes a good sense of humor.
10. Do something for children - take them to Energyland in Zator. Even if parents are not very, kids are delighted.more
What's for children?
We have a small playground in the garden for children and breakfasts large enough that you can always choose something. Only 400 meters is to the nearest ski slope.
Potwierdzeniem rezerwacji jest przedpłata poprzez system rezerwacyjny Slowhop.
Cash on the spot
Arrival and departure times
Check in from:16:00
Check out till:12:00
34-530 Bukowina Tatrzańska
Wspaniałe, piękne miejsce prowadzone przez otwartych, miłych i pomocnych gospodarzy! Bezcenne widoki, spokój, cisza, możliwość posiadania prywatności, ale też ucięcia sobie przyjemnej pogawędki. A do tego wszystkiego - sauna w ogródku! Polecam bardzo gorąco!
As a rule, waiting for a response is from a few moments to a few hours. Check your email box and do not leave your email unanswered even if you do not use the invitation. On the other side someone is waiting for your answer.
Time to complete your profile. The hosts like to know who comes to them. :)