Translated by Google Translate.
As befits the House of Creative Lenistwa, we deal with passive rest, creative ways of getting bored and blissful inactivity. Sometimes, when we get tired of lying in a hammock, we transform the Good House into a Creative House and organize workshops, painting workshops and meetings with interesting people.
In Werstok, we live with wild game for your brother. Through the windows of the house and on walks you can see bison, deer, roe deer, elks, foxes, hoopoes and shrike. With a bit of luck - you can also meet wolves and lynx in our area.
Our commune is among the top three Polish communes with the highest percentage of national minorities. Over 80% of the inhabitants declare Belarusian nationality.
The oldest icons in the blue church from 1768 come from the second half of the 18th century. The church's Gospel and the Apostle with the handwritten record of the founder Józef Wilczewski, a hussar knight, are also historic.
We also recommend trips around the Podlasie region:
The Białowieża Primeval Forest is about 12,000 years old and is the only natural object in Poland from the UNESCO World Heritage List. Pssst, we can recommend you friendly and proven forest guides. In Białowieża - in addition to the nature and forest museum and the palace park - we recommend our friendly cafe "Bike Cafe" - a place that combines the advantages of a cafe with a bicycle and cross-country ski rental. In the summer season, it is worth visiting the Przystań na Lato - rent a canoe and sail along the Narewka river to the border with Belarus.
Exactly! From Dom Dobrego you can jump - without a visa - to Belarus. We are adjacent to the visa-free zone "Brest - Grodno". The so-called Kamieniec region - with the 30-meter defensive Kamieniecka Tower built in the 13th century and a number of monuments (castle ruins, baroque and classicist palaces and churches) in the former ancestral estates of the Sapieha, Potocki and Puzyn families.
Hajnówka is the largest city in our area - with large chain stores, impressive churches and a market known in the area, where you can buy healthy food on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The route of the Narrow-Gauge Forest Railway begins in Hajnówka, which from May to September can be traversed by the forests of the Białowieża Primeval Forest.
For those interested in the history of Polish Jews, we recommend a trip to nearby Orla. The majestic synagogue was built around 1754. The interior was decorated with beautiful frescoes with plant and animal motifs, the remains of which have survived to this day.
The Green Velo Eastern Bicycle Trail. It is over 2,000 km of specially marked out route. The trail goes through five voivodeships of eastern Poland. There is nothing like going on a bike in the morning and breathing in the balsamic air ...
For lovers of relaxation by stagnant water, we recommend the Bachmaty reservoir and the Repczyce reservoir. There are bathing areas with a seasonal lifeguard, a playground for children and a water equipment rental.
Near Werstok, at 3 Jakubowo, you can experience the goodness of the forest. Nadi Massage Room is a place where you can add hand therapy to forest therapy. We recommend!
Other selected attractions from our area (indicative calendar):
- Hajnówka Half Marathon
- local products fair in Białowieża
- sailing regatta Bison Cup on the Siemianówka Reservoir
- Kupała Night (Na Iwana na Kupała) in Dubicze Cerkiewne - an important point in the calendar of cultural events in Podlasie, an ethno event with concerts and a fair. Kupała Night is also organized, among others in Białowieża
- Festival of Many Cultures and Nations in Czeremcha - folk concerts, performances and shows of folk art, handicraft, music, dance and culinary workshops, exhibitions, film screenings, handicraft fair
- International Theater Festival WERTEP - performances and outdoor shows in Dubicze, Hajnówka, Białowieża, Orla, Bielsk Podlaski and other places
- Żubr Fair - folk concerts, shows, competitions, culinary workshops
- National Rock Music Festival ROCKOWISKO in Hajnówka
- The International Festival of Music, Arts and Folklore "Podlaska Oktawa Kultur" in Białystok
- Kleszczel Days - concerts, shows, sightseeing flights, runs, Nordic walking marches, animations for children
- Białowieża Days - fairs, educational stands, animations for children, firefighting equipment shows, concerts
- Belarusian Folk Festival in Hajnówka - concerts
- Białowieża Artistic Integrations - Peretocze - concerts of Polish, Belarusian, Jewish, Gypsy, Lithuanian, Russian and Ukrainian music
- International Festival of Orthodox Music Days in Hajnów
- Festival of Colors and Soap Bubbles in Hajnówka
- Archaeological Festival in Zbucz - demonstrations of warriors, workshops of medieval crafts, folk concerts
- hut building workshops in Hajnówka
- Baked Potato Festival at the Repczyce Lagoon
- Belarusian festivities "And feed people there"
- Festival of Belarusian Singing Poetry and Author's Song "Autumn of the Bards" in Białystok
- Christmas market in Hajnówka