Translated by Google Translate.
Here, in principle, you come to calm down, get fresh air and ice water from the well. Entertainment is lying under a pear tree, reading books, hunting for shutters with a lens in hand, stork watching, chatting with a neighbor, breakfast in the garden and board games with a glass of wine in hand. You can kayak on the Narew river, try kiszka and potato cake, listen to melodic herring, visit Białowieża, Siołobuda, oriental Kruszyniany and Bohoniki, try Tatar cuisine and admire the palace in Tykocin.
Take two wheels with you and get to know the area in a sporty way. The first item worth recommending is the Podlaski Stork Trail, following which you can admire the beautiful scenery of the Narew River, and at the same time get to know the symbol of Podlasie - the white stork, who liked our peaceful and wild areas. The second picturesque route is the Trail of Orthodox Temples. There are many colorful historic churches, chapels and votive crosses on its way. Being in the very center of the largest Orthodox community, it is worth getting to know the culture, traditions and customs of people of this faith. Another route worth recommending is the "Tree and Sacrum" Podlaski Cultural Trail. The route runs through the villages of Bielsko and Hajnów and shows the beauty of wooden architecture.
And in the evening, after returning from a walk, mushroom picking or lying down with a book in your hand, looking at the sky in silence, discover that there are many more stars than you thought. The sky is black like morning coffee and Lithuanian bread.
Beach, cranes, peace, quiet and the areas of the "Polish Amazon". It is worth learning the secrets and legends about the Siemianówka reservoir by visiting this place of relaxation and unusual stories. Do you know that in order to create a reservoir, 289 farms from eight villages were bought and expropriated, of which: Rudnia, Garbary, Bołtryki, Łuka and Budy were completely liquidated. In 1987, the late Tamara Sołniewicz made a film about the construction of the reservoir and the expropriation of the local population. It is worth seeing the documentary "Do You Hear the Earth Cry".
In our place:
- The Land of Open Shutters, i.e. a loop of three towns: Trześcianka - Puchły - Soce is a total of 12 km. Go for a long walk or a pleasant ride on your own bike through beautiful and picturesque villages with a visit to the Narew River,
- ask Ewa to open an old cottage from 1896. Feel the atmosphere of the oldest house in Trześcianka,
- play boules, rest in a hammock, play a badminton match.
In the area:
- 6 km away, in the town of Ancuty you will find a canoe rental. We will help you organize a canoeing trip down the Narew River valley. A driver will pick you up from outside the house. For contact, please ask Ms Ewa.
- 8 km away you will find the only Skit of Saint Anthony and Teodozjusz Pieczarski in Odrynki, the only one in Poland.
- at a distance of 8 km you will find the interesting "Village Museum in Narew",
- for those who want an unforgettable experience in Podlasie, we recommend a balloon flight: www.lataniebalonem.pl.